[802SEC] UPDATE: Proposed 3rd 802 ExCom Electronic Letter Ballot package regarding 802.11e

Title:
802 ExCom members,

With respects to the third outstanding item of business from the closing ExCom Portland meeting, regarding the EC Letter Ballot for conditional approval for 802.11e, I would like to update you all.

I have been informed by the Chair of Task Group e that "It is the opinion of myself (the TGe Chair), Duncan (TGe Vice-Chair) and Srini (TGe Editor) that the TGe package is not complete for EXCOM" .  The WG Chairs' plan is to more ahead with the next recirculation sponsor ballot and to present a motion for a 10 day EC ballot, with approval of the WG, for conditional approval in time to meet the October 4, 2004 RevCom agenda submittal deadline for the enharnsed process during Oct/Nov. The plan calls for the TG to do comment resolutions from this aforementioned recirculation at our September Interim session.

I will keep the Chair of 802 and other members of the ExCom informed as we progress.

/ Stuart

_______________________________

Stuart J. Kerry
Chair, IEEE 802.11 WLANs WG