From: owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Shellhammer, Stephen J
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 5:20 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC Ballot+++ENDS 04OCT+++ Motion to approve P802.22 press release

Paul and Carl,

            I vote No.  However, I will change my vote from No to Yes if the following edits are made:

Regards,

Steve

___

Change this:

In the U.S., The Federal Communication Commission has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule Making to open these portions of the TV spectrum for alternative usage.

To This:

In the U.S., The Federal Communication Commission has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule Making to open the 54-698 MHz portion of the TV spectrum for unlicensed usage.

Change this:

“This is ideal spectrum for deploying regional networks to provide broadband service in sparsely populated areas.

To This:

“This is ideal spectrum for deploying regional networks to provide broadband service in sparsely populated areas, where vacant channels are available.

Change this:

In the U.S., The Federal Communication Commission has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule Making to open these portions of the TV spectrum for alternative usage. IEEE 802.22 will comply with these rules once they are finalized.

To This:

In the U.S., The Federal Communication Commission has issued a Notice of Proposed Rule Making to open these portions of the TV spectrum for alternative usage. IEEE 802.22 will enable compliance to these rules once they are finalized.