Re: [802SEC] 802.1 PAR comments

At 19:42 17/11/2004, pat_thaler@agilent.com wrote:
>Tony,
>
>Thanks for the response. I was not suggesting that the project should
>include rate limiting controls. I just wanted you to know that there might
>be another project with a synergy with your project.
>
>I am still concerned that it may be difficult for people to find the
>information in 802.1Q. It is not intuitive that a standard titled "Virtual
>Bridged Local Area Networks" covers 2 port bridges with nothing virtual
>about them. Does 802.1 have ideas for what they will do to help the
>bewildered find the material?

Pat -

The majority of people that will be looking for/at this standard will be
people interested in Provider Bridging; as the other standards we are
developing in that area (ad, ag, ...etc.) will also be part of the Q
standard, it will actually be the natural place for the audience for the
standard to look. Also, until such a time as the amendment is rolled into
the base standard, it will exist with its own title anyway, which will help.

These days, with increasing use of web searching to find stuff, this should
generally be less of an issue moving forward.

Regards,
Tony

Regards,
Tony