Re: [802SEC] P&P Revision on EC voting on forwarding items to SA

Geoff -

I was also distressed by that vote, and will support such a change.
Decisions as to what projects we undertake in 802 are one of the few
decisions we take that really matter, and we should be prepared to take a
meaningful position on their progression.

Regards,
Tony

At 21:39 19/11/2004, Geoff Thompson wrote:
>Matt-
>Colleagues-
>
>I was highly distressed by a vote of 6/4/4 today on forwarding a PAR.
>
>It seems like a bad idea for members of the EC to be able to stand back
>from their duty to judge whether or not a PAR or Draft should go forth to
>the SA Standards Board for approval.
>
>Therefore I would like to enter the following comment on Mat's proposed
>text for EC voting which is being balloted:
>
>Add the following text:
>"All votes taken by the EC to forward projects or drafts to the IEEE-SA
>Standards Board for approval shall require approval by a majority of the
>voting membership of the EC."
>I would appreciate your support.
>
>Most respectfully,
>
>Geoff Thompson

>This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This
>list is maintained by Listserv.

Regards,
Tony