From: owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Grow, Bob
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 13:14
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] The IEEE 802 Wednesday evening Social.

Buzz:

I find your conclusion on the registration numbers a bit misleading.  They don't address the fundamental issues.  Just because 95.1% say they will attend the social doesn't mean that 95.1% think the social is effective for networking with peers, or is a good use of registration funds.  I know I said yes to attending, because I had already paid for it and had no choice if I would pay for it, and I can't in good concience ask my company to pay twice for my Wednesday evening meal.

If the registration choice was "Sign me up for the Wednesday evening social at an additional fee of $40.", I expect the percentage would be much lower.

--Bob Grow