From: Bill Quackenbush [mailto:quackenbush@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 8:58 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 13 JAN+++motion to hold plenary sessions outside NA

Buzz,

Actually, if you read the P&P, you will find that the concepts cohosts and cohosting are very flexible and can deal with the relationships you envision without modification.  The flexibility is in the agreement between the cohosts defining who is responsible for what.  All you need to do is to speak of cohosts, not hosts.

wlq

"Rigsbee, Everett O" wrote:

> Bill,  I understand your point and am not looking to make more work
> for Matt, but it seems to me that the type of host and/or co-host that would be defined in our P&Ps is rapidly becoming an extinct species, and more and more they are becoming like what I am proposing for the International Session Hosts (entities which may co-sponsor but do not assume full financial responsibility for the session), so perhaps it would make sense to correct our definitions in the P&Ps to allow for either type of hosting entity (or maybe change to the new type), but to at least allow our International Hosts to be described as "Hosts" without undue confusion.  I think we often overdo it with putting too much specificity in our P&Ps and wind up creating unnecessary confusion and conflicts for ourselves.  A Host is a Host whether they provide full-financial, partial-financial, or non-financial (logistical-only) support and we should not have to invent new words for a concept that is well known !
 just