[802SEC] Why one Member Emeritus?

Several people have suggested changes for 7.1.2.1 of the proposed text for EC_Membership_&_Meetings. But all of these suggested changes retain the limitation of one person. Assuming this position is needed or desired, why limit it to one? The person does not have voting rights, so Paul (or future Chairs) can't use this to stuff the vote. Every other organization that I can think of that has emeritus positions does not have a limit of one. I see downsides for limiting this to one and no upsides.

jl