Re: [802SEC] proposal for non-NA Plenary soon [was +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 13 JAN+++motion to hold plenary sessions outside NA]

Roger,

just to be clear, are you suggesting

1) a 1 time extra plenary to be held outside of N.A.
2) a 4th plenary as part of regular business to be held outside of N.A.
3) 1 extra plenary for 2005 and 2006 and 2007 but stopping in 2008
    based on the expectation that 2008 and beyond will have a non N.A.
    plenary as a matter of course

While you highlight the advantage in the extra plenary grants
membership sooner, it also ages them sooner. Given the current
state of the membership rules are somewhat broken, this change
has the effect of shortening the age-out time for a single
period. While I support a shortened age-out time, I do not support
a special case caused by "promoting" this interim to plenary
status.

I remain supportive of getting non NA all-802 interim sessions on the
schedule ASAP.

I also believe that a proper survey of our members should be undertaken
to determine the correct frequency of non-NA sessions. I don't doubt
that one plenary outside of N.A. is reasonable, but I think we do owe
it to our membership to make the decision with full information.

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems