From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org]On
Behalf Of Roger B. Marks
Sent: Tuesday, 08 February, 2005 9:33 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Voting Rules

Disapprove, with this comment:

*In 7.2.4.2.1, it is time to end the ambiguity and uncertainty around
WG interim sessions resulting from the statement "No quorum is
required at meetings held in conjunction with the Plenary session
since the Plenary session time and place is established well in
advance. A quorum is required at other Working Group meetings. The
Working Group Chair may vote at meetings. A quorum is at least
one-half of the Working Group members." The sentences are also out of
order.

Remedy: Change the quote above to "The Working Group Chair may vote
on all Working Group issues. No quorum is required at meetings, such
as those held in conjunction with the Plenary session, whose session
time and place are established at least six months in advance.
Otherwise, a quorum is required; this may be established by the
attendance at the session by at least half of the membership."

Roger