From: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
[mailto:matthew.sherman@baesystems.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 6:09 AM
To: Bob O'Hara; STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Cc: Paul Nikolich
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Updated Agenda for March Monday EC meeting

Bob,

Another item I'd like to add right after Rules Changes is:

        "EC Procedures for Openness"            10 minutes

We have discussed a number of ideas for improving the openness of the
EC. Most of these have arisen during resolution of P&P revisions, but
are not part of any P&P revision directly.  Ideas I have heard suggested
are:

        1) Open current EC reflector to observers
        2) Separate reflector for rules changes and other issues
        3) Separate observer reflector with forwarding from current
reflector
        4) Posting on website
        5) Leave things as is (archive access to reflector traffic)

I would like to have some brief discussions on preferences and efficacy
of each of these solutions. I will have some quick straw polls, limited
dialogue, and probably set up a follow up meeting during the week.  My
goal is to select an approach, and set up a timeline for its
implementation by the end of the week.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.