Re: [802SEC] Proposed P&P Revision ballot on 'WG Membership and Meetings'

Folks,

First, thanks to Tony, Pat, Roger, and for very helpful comments.  Based
on these comments, I'm no suggesting the following as a starting point
for the ballot:

Replace:

Membership may be lost if two of the last three Working Group letter
ballots are not returned, or are returned with an abstention other than
"lack of technical expertise."  This rule may be excused by the Working
Group Chair if the individual is otherwise an active participant.
Membership is also lost if a person fails to attend one plenary and at
least one other plenary or duly constituted interim session within any
365 day period.  Membership may be re-established as if the person were
a new candidate member, but attendance prior to loss of membership does
not count towards regaining membership. (See subclause 7.2.3.1
Establishment).

With:

Membership may be lost if two of the last three Working Group letter
ballots are not returned, or are returned with an abstention other than
"lack of technical expertise."  This rule may be excused by the Working
Group Chair if the individual is otherwise an active participant.
Membership may be re-established as if the person were a new candidate
member, but attendance prior to loss of membership does not count
towards regaining membership in this case. (See subclause 7.2.3.1
Establishment).  Membership is also lost if a person fails to attend one
plenary and at least one other plenary or duly constituted interim
session within the span of the three most recent plenary sessions. Loss
of membership through lack of attendance is determined at the end of
each Plenary session.

Again, the goal here is to set scope, and not necessarily agree a final
text.  Hopefully everyone can live with this text as a starting point
for the ballot.  If not, let me know.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.