From: owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Roger B. Marks
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:30 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ENDS 5 June+++ conditional
approval: IEEE P802.16-2004/Cor1 to Sponsor Ballot

I vote Approve.

I note that another voter has flipped to Approve during the ongoing
recirc, bringing the current WG ballot status to 169 Approve and 5
Disapprove:
	<http://ieee802.org//16/maint/ballot17/report17.html>.

The updated (shrunken) report of unresolved Disapprove comments is here:
	<http://ieee802.org//16/docs/05/80216-05_033r2.pdf>.

Roger

>Dear EC Members,
>
>This is a email ballot to make a determination on the motion:
>
>"To grant conditional approval to forward, for Sponsor Ballot, IEEE
P802.16-2004/Cor1, a draft corrigendum to IEEE Std 802.16-2004."

stds-802-sec@ieee.org.

>Regards,
>
>Roger
>
>Paul,
>
>I would like to make a motion for an electronic EC ballot to grant
conditional approval to forward, for Sponsor Ballot, IEEE
P802.16-2004/Cor1, a draft corrigendum to IEEE Std 802.16-2004. The
conditional approval is requested under Clause 21 of the IEEE 802 P&P.

>Bob O'Hara has agreed to second the motion.
>
>The ballot schedule follows:
>	WG Letter Ballot #17:  11 Feb - 13 Mar 2005
>	WG Recirc Ballot #17a:  5 Apr - 22 Apr 2005
> 	WG Recirc Ballot #17b: 23 May -  7 Jun 2005
>
>The recirc ballot announcement:
>	<http://ieee802.org//16/docs/05/80216-05_032.pdf>
>includes the statement: "This ballot is being conducted under the
procedure for conditional approval of the LMSC Policies and Procedures
[IEEE PROJECT 802 LAN MAN STANDARDS COMMITTEE (LMSC) POLICIES AND
PROCEDURES <http://ieee802.org/policies-and-procedures.pdf>."

>The current ballot status is:
>	167 Approve
>	  7 Disapprove
>	  5 Abstain
>	96% Approval Ratio (167/174)
>	81% Return Ratio (179/220)
>Details are at <http://ieee802.org//16/maint/ballot17/report17.html>.
>
>The remaining Technical Disapprove comments, and responses, are here:
>	<http://ieee802.org//16/docs/05/80216-05_033.pdf>
>The comments labeled "IEEE 802.16-05/015r3" in the upper right corner
were submitted in the initial ballot and then recirculated. Those labeled
"IEEE 802.16-05/021r3" were submitted during the first recirc and are
currently being recirculated.

>A relevant WG Motion of 5 May 2005 was approved by vote of 64-0 at the
802.16 WG interim: "To accept draft P802.16-2004/Cor1/D2 as modified by
the comment resolutions (IEEE 802.16-05/021r2) and open a Working Group
Confirmation Letter Ballot on that Draft (P802.16-2004/Cor1/D3), and to
request conditional approval to the 802 EC to forward the draft to Sponsor
Ballot."

>I am requesting conditional approval now so that Sponsor Ballot can be
concluded before the July Plenary.

>Regards,
>
>Roger
>
>--
>
>Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov> +1 303 497 7837
>National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA Chair,
>IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
>       <http://WirelessMAN.org>

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This
list is maintained by Listserv.