Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ LMSC Procedures and Policies

Disapprove.

The numbering seems to be seriously messed up, or at least the
presentation of these changes gives that appearance.

Procedure 21, list item a) (binding).  I do not believe this requirement
provides any benefit except to those that may be looking for a way to
appeal project progress.

7.5, 2nd sentence of proposed first paragraph (binding).  This adds a
new requirement to SA process, specifically that there be a comment
resolution group (AKA in SA documents as BRC).  Replace with:  "Comments
received during Sponsor Ballot are to be considered in a manner
consistent with IEEE-SA requirements and as determined by the Working
Group."

7.2.1 , 2nd paragraph (non-binding).  This is somewhat vague about
conditional approval.  Should be changed to read "at the time of EC
approval or conditional approval for sponsor ballot.

7.2.1 , 2nd paragraph (binding).   I don't understand what it means for
the WG to confirm the Five Criteria.  Isn't the WG ballot that
confirmation for initialting Sponsor ballot?  As written, the
confirmation in Sponsor ballot is much worse, by my interpretation, this
requires a WG vote after the final Sponsor ballot and I don't agree with
this delay to the process.

7.2, 2nd paragraph (binding).  I only believe a tutorial should be
required for a PAR establishing a new WG or one that  changes the
charter of the WG.  I don't believe it is practical to make this a
requirement for all new major work.  As written it is also too
subjective to enforce other than as justification for an negative EC
vote.  For example, I believe the Power over Ethernet Plus work is
major, but certainly not changing anything we haven't done before or I
would think of general need for justification for PAR approval.

-- Bob Grow