Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ LMSC Organization

Mat,

            Sorry I am late.  I vote disapprove with the following
comments,

Comments

Section 7.2

Text

"A working group is officially formed through approval of a PAR by the
IEEE-SA Standards Board. A working group may meet informally for up to
six months, at which point a PAR must be submitted to the IEEE-SA
Standards Board. "

Comment

If a working group can meet informally before a PAR is approved then
there must be some method of establishing an informal WG.  I don't see
any reason for that situation.  I would suggest they operate as a Study
Group until they are officially a WG.  I recommend dropping the sentence
that says "A working group may meet informally for up to six months, at
which point a PAR must be submitted to the IEEE-SA Standards Board. "

Section 7.2.5.2

Comment

We should consider the case of when the hibernating WG chair does not
want to be chair.  Please add a sentence stating that if the hibernating
WG chair is unwilling to take on the role then a WG election will be
held for the WG chair, to be confirmed by the EC.

Section 7.2.5.2.3

Comment

It is unclear to me why the chair of the hibernating WG is an EC member,
voting or not.  I have never seen that implemented.  Please explain the
rational.

Steve

Steve Shellhammer

Intel Corporation