From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 09:12
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802SEC] P&P Revision Ballot - Clause 17 - Procedure for PARs

This is a re-run of my rules change ballot; to refresh peoples' memories, I
initially ran a ballot to change clause 7.5 to reinforce our "individual
balloting" policy. This ballot comprehensively failed, and Bob Grow pointed
out that the clean and simple way to achieve my original intent was to add
a simple statement to the Procedure for PARs. Geoff Thompson proposed a
rather tighter wording, and it is Geoff's version that I have used in this
re-ballot. Geoff's wording makes it clear that any deviation from
individual balloting requires a vote of the EC taken at a Plenary. While
this may at first appear redundant, as forwarding a PAR is something that
we do at Plenaries, my reading of the rest of the procedure leads me to
believe that there are some categories of PAR (maintenance, amendment to an
existing PAR) where the procedure doesn't explicitly require the PAR to be
approved at a Plenary. Hence, short of digging up the drains on the whole
of the procedure, which I am loath to do, I believe that Geoff's words are
a useful clarification.

This ballot closes on 17th July 2005.

Regards,
Tony

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This
list is maintained by Listserv.