Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Motion for Network Equipment Upgradesl+++ends 19 August 2005

I approve the purchase of the 'a' modules for the current access points and
I hope John is successful on getting more APs.  We need both and they are
not mutually exclusive.

I do not approve the purchase of any client cards, tri-mode or
otherwise.  We should make everyone aware we have a complete 'a' network
and encourage people to come with own for the best possible network experience.

Bob H.

At 08:38 AM 7/25/2005 -0400, John Hawkins wrote:
>I'm not sure there's a mechanism for this now that the ballot is out
>but... Can we hold off on this a few days?
>
>I have a potential source for FREE APs. I'm trying to determine with
>Tim, whether they would measure up to his standards. They are A/B/G's,
>SNMP manageable, etc... but the devil's in the details.
>
>And best of all they will be FREE! ! !
>
>Can I have a few days to look into this?
>
>(the budget needs all the help it can get).
>
>john
>
>P.S. If this offer for FREE APs doesn't come to pass, I still have some
>reservations (even though I agreed to second). I would want to see a
>budget (no blank checks please) and I still have reservations about
>giving away wireless cards (again, budget, and liability concerns).
>
>john

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Chair, ZigBee Alliance
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Mobile: 781-929-4832