From: Rigsbee, Everett O [mailto:everett.o.rigsbee@BOEING.COM]
Sent: Monday, 25 July, 2005 2:35 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Motion for Network Equipment Upgradesl+++ends 19 August 2005

Gee Pat,  I sincerely hope you'll be available to explain all this to the folks who come to complain that they can't get an 11b connection in the 802.11 meeting room.  They all need to know that you are there to protect them from themselves, and that they should be content to suffer through with their problem once again.  And I have not committed any service providers to doing any BIOS Upgrades.  What I said is that they would advise you if your computer needs a BIOS Upgrade before suggesting that you install any Tri-Mode card.  That's something that our F2F staff cannot do, so some folks who borrow loaner cards wind-up with PCs that lock-up like Matt's.  Our Network Service staff already help people deal with PC's with virus infections and help with network connection problems.  They just volunteered that they would much rather be consulted before the upgrade has been attempted and botched than afterwards when there may be no easy solutions.  With a card we know and love we!
  can help avoid most problems.  Diagnosing random problems after the fact is much more risky and unpleasant alternative.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM