Re: [802SEC] criteria for posting information to EC reflector

All,
My suggestion is that you keep all financial matters confidential. The IEEE
Board of Directors does, the SA does, and it's probably good that the
sponsors do as well.  I agree with Buzz, contractual arrangements should be
confidential.
Karen

Karen A. Kenney
Associate Managing Director,
Business Administration
IEEE Standards Activities
445 Hoes Lane, P.O. Box 1331
Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331
*************************************
Phone:  1 732 562 3822
Fax:       1 732 562 1571
email:     k.kenney@ieee.org
*************************************
check out our website at:  http://standards.ieee.org

                      "Rigsbee, Everett
                      O"                         To:       STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
                      <everett.o.rigsbee@        cc:
                      BOEING.COM>                Subject:  Re: [802SEC] criteria for posting information to EC
                                                  reflector
                      07/26/2005 09:52 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Rigsbee, Everett
                      O"

Pat,  I have had hotels request that we keep our quoted room rate
confidential until we post it on the web for reservation information,
presumably because we have such a great rate that they don't want other
groups that are paying higher rates to find out until later.  I have never
seen them try to enforce that provision.  So I'm sure if it was in our
committee documents they would not object.  They just don't want us to
advertise it around to other groups.

I have had cases where organizers from other groups called me up to find
out why they were paying so much more per night for their group.  I could
just say, "Stupidity", but I usually give them some plausible reason, which
they are always delighted to hear.  No one likes to think they got
ripped-off, even if they did.    :-)

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG