Re: [802SEC] 802.18 Comments IC Spectrum Framework Consultation

Steve,

Canada is quite interested in using unused TV channels to bring broadband to
their more rural/remote areas, as evidenced, at least in part, by CRC
sponsoring my Vice-chair, Gerald Chouinard, in 802.22.

Additionally, I was told informally of Canada's great interest in the work
of 802.22 by Dr. Veena Rawat, who, as a very high level Industry Canada
official, was the Chairperson of WRC-03 and has now taken the reigns at CRC.

Canada doesn't have a regulatory item "on the table" at the moment on this,
but due to the need for cross-border coordination, it doesn't surprise me
that they may wait a bit to see how things play out in the US.  When they do
decide to move,  I believe that they can act somewhat more rapidly than the
normal US bureaucratic timescale if they want to.

That's my input in response to your question.

Regards,
Carl

Jul05).doc