Re: [802SEC] Quorum Rules in IEEE 802

Mat,

I agree with you that overly complicating our rules is undesirable and
generally seems to lead to unintended consequences.

I also was present at the meeting you refer to in your "PS" above and have
the following observations:

1) I don't believe that the person who did the quorum call did so "because
he needed to leave early" but did so for other reasons that I don't know and
won't speculate on.
2) The (I believe) unintended result was that votes on issues other than the
one that was about to be voted upon when the quorum was called were placed
in question - some of which were time-sensitive for a variety of reasons,
but were unlikely to have been controversial.
3) I also believe that your outline of what was decided with respect to do
if a quorum call was made is accurate.

Carl