From: Paul Nikolich [mailto:paul.nikolich@ATT.NET]
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 9:54 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC email ballot+++ motion to delay release of 802.18 communication+++ends 3 OCT 2005+++final tally

Dear EC members,

Given the failure of the motion, I occurs to me that I must clarify what
state the 802.18 TAG communication is in; it is pending final approval by
the TAG and the EC.

My rationale is as follows.  The motion to delay the release until the I
made a ruling failed.  However there was ambiguoity in my mind as to whether
or not adequate TAG approval had been reached in the first place.  Therefore
I requested the chair of the 802.18 TAG conduct an email ballot to resolve
the ambiguoity as to whether or not adequate approval from the TAG was
obtained for the communcation.  That ballot closed Tuesday 4OCT.   The TAG
email ballot must receive 75% approval of all TAG members in order to be
presented to the EC for review.  If the TAG email ballot passed and after
Mike Lynch notifies the EC of the result it may proceed as per the P&P (i.e.
within 5 days of notice, or after a EC motion to block fails--see P&P
below).

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich

The 802 P&P regarding TAG communcations with governement bodies states:

"Working Group or TAG Communications
Working Group or TAG communications with government bodies shall not be
released without prior approval by a 75% majority of the Working Group or
TAG. Such communications may proceed unless blocked by an EC vote. For
position statements not presented for review in an EC meeting, EC members
shall have a review period of at least five days; if, during that time, a
motion to block it is made, release of the position statement will be
withheld until the motion fails. "

Upon my request the