Re: [802SEC] WG and TAG opening plenary meeting presentations

The challenge with a Sunday night opening exec
session is that it requires the non-exec members
of 802 to arrange their travel so as to arrive in
time for the exec session so that it is "open".
And of course it begs the question of where our
beloved Sunday night rules meeting ends up.

Now the truth is that the set of people who come
to watch the exec is small, perhaps we can poll
them and the membership at large to see the support
for a Sunday night exec session and the 802 plenary
starting earlier (you might not get people out
for an 8:00am plenary).

I am on the fence as to moving the EC meeting
an alternative is to just get more efficient at
the opening plenary.

Does it makes sense to have a special area on
the 802 website where all groups place an introductory
slide set that includes the set of information
needed to:

1) Introduce the WG management team
2) Explain the mandate of the WG
3) List current projects and SGs and timelines
4) List the WG agenda / room allocation for the
   week
5) Highlight anything else that the WG would like
   an 802 participant from a different WG to be
   aware of.

This could reduce the amount of time WG chairs spent
in from of the 802 membership at the opening and
get us back on time.

cheers,

mike

Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
3000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8