Re: [802SEC] Latest Rev of WG Membership and Meeting P&P Revision

Mat -

I thought that you had agreed to remove the wording:

"WG election procedures shall be defined within the WG P&P. Prior to their
establishment, election procedures must be reviewed and approved by the EC
before implementation."

It still seems to be in the document that you circulated - I just copied it
from the PDF. What is going on here?

I absolutely will not support the changes as described in what you have
circulated.

Regards,
Tony

At 14:41 17/11/2005, Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA) wrote:
>Folks,
>

>Attached please find the latest rev based on most recent comments.  I've
>restored the original language for loss of membership based on
>attendance, but retained added commentary.  I won't say it is perfect,
>but believe it is an improvement over the rules we currently operate
>under.  Note that I am still tightening the requirement to gain
>membership from 2/4 to 2/3.  I've heard general support for that on the
>EC.  I have not polled the membership, but it really has no direct
>impact on members (just wanna be members).
>

>I WILL HOLD A 6 PM P&P MEETING in the Dover room (4th floor Hyatt).  If
>you have any concerns please bring them forward to me.  I don't want to
>make any further textual changes at this point, but if I know there is a
>sensitivity I will partition key text out of the main revision so it can
>be voted separately.  I DO NOT plan to have motions to divide.  I will
>simply bring separate sections of text to the floor for consideration.
>

>Based on feedback at the P&P open mike session, I plan to bring forward
>a P&P revision to permit separate WG Plenary sessions.  These would
>replace well planned and long standing interim sessions.  I believe it
>can directly address some of the issues we are trying to address
>indirectly with the membership rules.  Remember that this will not be a
>approve the specific wording I bring forward (which will have had
>limited review).  But to agree to deeply consider the change, and
>determine it's scope.
>

>I'll follow up with more data in a while.
>

>Mat
>

>Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
>Senior Member Technical Staff
>BAE SYSTEMS, CNIR
>Office: +1 973.633.6344
>email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com

>This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This
>list is maintained by Listserv.

Regards,
Tony