From: Steven Schroedl
To: Paul Nikolich
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:47 PM
Subject: IEEE network status November 2005

Paul,

I wanted to take a moment to expand upon and clarify one of the comments I made in my daily network updates earlier in the week. For the sake of brevity I had stated that there was a hardware failure with the Nortel equipment. I would like to apologize, for this does not fairly characterize the situation that developed. Due to a number of complex issues, including a less than complete deployment of the Nortel equipment, the configuration of the wireless controller became corrupted. This situation could have been avoided had we been able to deploy the necessary safeguards afforded by a secondary controller, and multiple VLAN to protect the managment of the DAP units. Simply put, it was unfair to say the Nortel equipment failed.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Nortel for graciously making their equipment available for use by IEEE 802. As demonstrated at the IETF 64 meeting, I would expect a complete deployment of the Nortel equipment would yield a robust networking environment for IEEE 802.

Steven Schroedl
Chief Technology Officer

VeriLAN, Inc.
215 SE Morrison Street Suite 2000F