From: Grow, Bob [mailto:bob.grow@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 7:55 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve; STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Request to form a 802.19 Study Group

Steve:

We discussed this personally, and the EC has approved the SG; but for
benefit of others as I expressed to you, the basis for my concern about
balance of the ballot group based on the small number of votes to form
the SG is because of two sentences in 5.4.1 of the IEEE-SA Operations
Manual:

"Sponsors shall ensure balance prior to conducting a Sponsor ballot.
Balloting groups should have at least 10 members to ensure adequate
balance."

--Bob Grow