From: paul nikolich
To: jerry.upton@ieee.org
Cc: Lindsay.Michael@dorsey.com ; j.gorman@ieee.org ; steve_mills@hp.com ; k.kenney@ieee.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:26 PM
Subject: Guidance on participation credit for 802.20 WG November 2005 plenary session

Jerry,

Happy New Year and thanks for responding to my questions last week.  I have reviewed this issue with staff, counsel, and Chairman of the SASB, Steve Mills.

Based on the language of the 802 P&P, the 802.20 P&P, the absence of any contemporaneous objection during WG discussion, the apparent absence of any adverse effect on one or more identifiable groups, and your statements about the background and purpose of the schedule change, your interpretation of the rule and your decision on voting credits appear to be generally reasonable.  There may, however, be individual circumstances in which the reading is not reasonable, and I am not prejudging any appeals that may arise.

Again, thanks for responding to my questions.  Please confirm you received this email.

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich
Chairman, IEEE 802 LMSC