Re: [802SEC] [802.3] New meeting participation requirement

Bob (and SEC colleagues) -

I note that the new text of SB Ops Manual, 5.3.3.2, states: "The
chair shall review the adequacy of disclosures." Beyond noting that a
participant has written something legible (and not impolite!) in the
space on the signup sheet, it is not at all clear to me that I, or
any other WG chair for that matter, is competent to "...review the
adequacy of disclosures", especially so in the absence of a
definition of "adequate", but I suspect, even if "adequate" is
adequately (sic) defined.

So, while I intend to pilot a similar scheme to yours at next weeks'
802.1 interim (and apologizing in advance for pinching some of your
words), my "review (of) the adequacy of disclosures" will necessarily
be restricted to observing (a) that something is written in the
relevant space in the signup book and (b) that I can transpose it
with a reasonable expectation of accuracy into the attendance list
for the minutes.

Regards,
Tony