[802SEC] Standards Coordinating Committee on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks

EC Members,

            The IEEE 1900 standards group has proposed the formation of
a Standards Coordinating Committee (SCC) on dynamic spectrum access
networks (DySPAN).  This is a new field of wireless networks in which an
unlicensed system dynamically utilized spectrum unused by licensed
wireless systems.  The first example of this technology will be the
unlicensed used of unused TV bands.  This is what is being standardized
within IEEE 802.22.

            Paul received information on this proposal (see attached)
from John Walz and Kathy Land of the Computer Society.  We have been
asked to submit any comments we have to the computer society by February
13.

            Paul and Carl and I exchanged a few email and Carl and I
spoke about this.  Paul wanted someone to craft some text for our
comments on this proposed SCC. So I have drafted some initial comments,
which are attached.

            Please review these comments and send any edits or any other
comments you have to the EC reflector.  I will attempt to capture the
consensus of the feedback and will revise the comments accordingly.

Thanks,

Steve

Request_New_SCC-DySPAN.doc

IEEE 802 comments on SCC.doc