[802SEC] +++EC 5 Day Review+++ FCC filing regarding proposed power increase in the 60 GHz frequency band

Dear EC Members,

Attached is a second RR-TAG FCC filing that was approved at last week's
interim.

This is in response to a FCC NPRM which seeks comments on a proposed
power increase for the 60 GHz frequency band. Prior to this NPRM being
released IEEE 802 had twice filed comments with the FCC on the original
Wireless Communications Association (WCA) proposal regarding the 60 GHz
band. The most recent comments were approved at the March plenary. In
those comments we accepted some of what the WCA proposed but not the
power increase. This filing is consistent with that filing but
recommends an alternative to the proposed power increase.

The RR-TAG proposes to file these comments on 1 October.

The RR-TAG approved this proposed filing (18-07-0082-01-0000_d1_ET
07-113 NPRM.doc) on 20 September. The results were: 13/0/0. All
suggested comments have been incorporated in the d1 version.

I propose that the EC comment period begins Monday, 24 September and
closes midnight, CDT, 28 September.

Regards,

Mike

+1 972 684 7518 (ESN 444 7518) Voice