Re: [802SEC] Responses on venue for March 2009

Buzz,

The strawpoll at the joint opening plenary in Hawaii was overwhelming for
Rome.  The strawpoll in .22 (and to my knowledge the other groups in Hawaii)
was overwhelming for Rome.
(There was full disclosure that non-NA meetings will cost more, so the polls
were not based on a lack of reasonable cost information by those polled.)

We (the EC) established a policy of "at least one non-NA plenary per year
(starting ASAP)".  (2011 is NOT "ASAP") We also have an implied
encouragement for internationalization based on the policy goals of the
IEEE-SA, as decided by the BoG (of which I am only one member, but the
support for the policy in the BoG is, per my recollection, unanimous).

What's the hold-up?  "The people have spoken" and they want Rome.  I don't
believe that you are going to find any significant support for NOT doing
Rome, so why don't you give up what appears to be an effort on your part to
avoid Rome (in favor of Vancouver, I point out, not some other non-NA venue)
and just get it done for Rome?

With all respect,

Carl