Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++Motion for electronic distribution of standards to 802+++closes 10 OCT 2007

The details about implementing the downloads still needs to be worked out
with IEEE technical staff.  Bob O'Hara and I were planning on a telecon
shortly to iron out those details.

Karen A. Kenney
Associate Managing Director,
Business Administration
IEEE Standards Activities
445 Hoes Lane, P.O. Box 1331
Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331
*************************************
Phone:  1 732 562 3822
Fax:       1 732 562 1571
email:     k.kenney@ieee.org
*************************************
check out our website at:  http://standards.ieee.org

             "Carl R.
             Stevenson"
             <wk3c@WK3C.COM                                             To
             >                      STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
             Sent by: *****                                             cc
             IEEE 802
             Executive                                             Subject
             Committee List         Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email
             *****                  Ballot+++Motion for electronic
             <STDS-802-SEC@         distribution of standards to
             LISTSERV.IEEE.         802+++closes 10 OCT 2007

             09/25/2007
             05:55 PM

             Please respond
             wk3c@WK3C.COM

Before I vote, some questions ...

Will this download site only be available from the local network at our
meeting or will it be available from anywhere on the internet?

One issue is the burden on our local network, another is the
security/protection of copyrighted materials issue if access from anywhere
is permitted.

If the site is available from anywhere, what sort of security/access
controls are envisioned?

Carl