Re: [802SEC] +++10 Day Ballot+++Opens 07 March Closes 17 March

Arnie-

This has all become complicated and I have trouble keeping track where we
are with respect to my suggestions and your incorporation of them into your
text. Having said that, I have one major problem with your procedure. I am
saying this as a strong suggestion from a member of the EC, not a dictate
from the OC.

If I understand what you are trying to do, then I think your "OPEN roll
call survey" is a bad idea.
If the purpose is for individuals to get to express their preference in
order to sway entity voters to the individual view then this method has a
problem. In an "open" survey, participants will be inhibited by their
employer/sponsor's position.

The "roll call survey" should be taken by secret paper ballot (as I believe
I said in an earlier message) and then the results should be announced.
That the survey will be taken via secret paper ballots should be clear and
unambiguous in the procedures. The use of the term "open roll call survey"
does not support the above.

Sincerely,

Geoff