Re: [802SEC] 802.11 response to comments on two PARS

All

Thanks for the consideration of my comments. Essentially all my comments were rejected.

I was surprised that the group did not list 802.15.3c as a project that is similar is scope (which it clearly is). Ecma TC48 should have also been referenced. This is not only an easy change, it is clear that it is the correct answer.

Most important, however, is the statement of coexistence. The history of the 802 wireless groups is that coexistence is only taken seriously when the group is forced to do it. This is not something that is limited to a single wireless group, rather it is likely due to the fact that we are all busy and work very hard to develop our standards. Addressing coexistence takes time that we often don't feel we have.

In my opinion, the PAR should acknowledge the existing standards in development and include a strong statement that requires the TG to address coexistence with these standards.

James Gilb

Jon Rosdahl wrote:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/file/08/11-08-0880-01-0vht-reponse-to-official-comments.ppt

This response document was posted just prior to noon and was approved by the 802.11 WG.
If you have any further questions or comments Please let Bruce, Eldad or I know.
Respectfully submitted,
Jon Rosdahl
WG11 VC

Jon Rosdahl                          10871 North 5750 West
hm:801-756-1496                   Highland, UT 84003
cell:801-376-6435
A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy