From: Pat Thaler [mailto:pthaler@broadcom.com]
Sent: 03 February 2009 22:35
To: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
Cc: Tony Jeffree
Subject: 802.3ad PAR for Priority-based Flow Control MAC Control Frame

This proposed PAR is to add a MAC Control Frame to IEEE 802.3 to support 802.1Qbb
Priority-based Flow Control. Note that the 802.1 Working Group will be responsible for
this PAR. As usual when doing a cross group PAR, 802.3 voters who request it will be added
to the Working Group voting pool on this project.

The PAR is at:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2008/bb-thaler-pfc-frame-par-1108.pdf

Since this PAR is to support the 802.1Qbb PAR, the same 5 criteria applies to it:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2008/new-dcb-thaler-draft-pfc-5c-0208-v3.pdf

I've updated the PAR number on My Project to 802.3ad, but my hard drive crashed Monday and
apparently Acrobat wasn't loaded onto my new drive correctly so I wasn't able to create a
pdf with the update. That is the only change from the pdf above.

Regards,

Pat