From: Pat Thaler [mailto:pthaler@broadcom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:04 PM
To: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA); STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: WG P&P teleconference on Friday @ 12 Noon Eastern Time

The text that Bob suggested fixes one problem which is regularizing our custom of pre-submitting PARs to NesCom so that a PAR approved in November or March makes the submittal deadline for the next NesCom meeting.

The text in the first paragraph isn't great. It has "for approval" twice and I think that the precirculation is more "for comment" by the Tuesday deadline rather than "for approval" which happens at the Friday plenary based possibly on updates made in response to the comment.

I've suggested changes to the text in the attached.

The following isn't clear to me and I'm not sure how to best clarify it - "Reception of the submittal message from the reflector is evidence of delivery." Reception by whom? The person questioning delivery? The person who sent the message? I think presence of the submittal message in the EC reflector archive might be the best evidence.

Regards,
Pat