[802SEC] Minutes from 10/16/09 teleconference on the WG P&P Revision

All,

A teleconference was held on 10/16/09 @ 1 PM focused on the WG P&P Revision in progress. Other issues were also discussed.  In attendance were:

Matthew Sherman
Bob Grow
Paul Nikolich
Bruce Kraemer
Geoff Thompson
Buzz Rigsbee
David Law

Minutes:  (if errors or omissions are found please inform Matthew Sherman)

The primary focus was the text changes proposed by Bob Grow and comments relating to that.  A new set of text representing the consensus of those present is attached.  These changes will be included in the next version of the LMSC OM revision associated with this topic.

General discussions were held on whether the rules permit a TAG to be converted to a WG.  The general consensus was that such a thing is possible.

General discussions were held on placement of an Emergency Services PAR should one come to be.  Potential placement currently being considered for recommendation by the ECSG considering Emergency Services include:

	802.1, 802.2 and a new WG

The meeting adjourned about 12:55 PM ET.

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
First Vice Chair, IEEE 802
Engineering Fellow
BAE Systems -  Electronics, Intelligence, & Support (EI&S)

Office: +1 973.633.6344
Cell: +1 973.229.9520