[802SEC] Advance PAR submittal, Emergency Services

Dear EC Colleagues-

In accordance with our operating rules (subclause 12.2 'LMSC Approval' in the LMSC Operations Manual (30 day rule)) please find the required information with respect to the proposed Emergency Services project for 802.

This material was approved by our Study Group at our interim meeting in La Jolla in January.

I have taken the liberty of
- Labeling the proposed project "802.23" for the time being and subject to your approval - Making a minor change in the tense of the SCOPE (noted on slide material) - Making an editorial suggestion regarding the SCOPE (noted on slide material)

The 5 Criteria slides are each split into the Operations Manual requirements and our responses on two different slides to make the text larger for display in your meetings.

The draft PAR form as currently stored on myProject is:
    - attached to this e-mail
    - available at:    http://tinyurl.com/yfees7a

Slides for the draft scope, purpose and the 5 Criteria material is:
    - attached to this e-mail
    - available at:    http://tinyurl.com/yevoyxz

We thank you for your consideration and look forward to your support before the EC on Friday, March 19, 2010.

Best regards,

Geoff

Geoffrey O. Thompson
Chair, 802 Emergency Services EC Study Group
Member Emeritus, 802 Executive Committee

GraCaSI Standards Advisory Services
158 Paseo Ct.
Mountain View, CA 94043-5286
<thompson@ieee.org>