[802SEC] Revised 15.4 Revision PAR

EC Colleagues--

The updated Revision PAR for 15.4 can be found at: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.15/dcn/10/15-10-0387-02-0000-802-15-4i-draft-revision-par.doc. Changes essentially related to current style and language requirements and have not modified the intended work. Turn Change Tracker on to see exactly what changed

We received two sets of comments, one set from James Gilb and the other set from Joh Rosdahl, 802.11

All comments were accepted with the exception of one of Jon's.

Jon did not feel it was necessary to explicitly state in the scope that the Revision was limited to merging existing completed amendments into a single document adding no new functionality. The 802.15 Working Group disagreed.

There are currently 3 active projects affecting functionality, 2 PHY amendments and 1 MAC amendment. Chaos would occur if there were any functional changes made under this revision. As a result, the Working Group wants to be absolutely clear on what is in scope and what is not. The only reason we are doing the revision now is because we are required to. The revision will be completed ahead of the current open projects. Another revision will be started upon completion of of 802.15.4e, f and g.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
11 Robert Toner Blvd
Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832