Re: [802SEC] New Model for IEEE Standards Maintenance

Hello James,

I think I'd go further than that. IMHO, any complex amendment
is likely to contain errors that make a strict interpretation of its
editing instructions impossible.  (e.g. I'm just about to roll in a
400-page amendment #8.)

When a revision is active,   the editor can highlight these inconsistencies/conflicts
either to the group responsible for making changes,  or to the balloters by comments
in the draft revision.

I'm not sure how this should be treated in the case of an Edition.
If the editor is aware of a conflict,  should he highlight this,  or silently
ignore it?

This is separate from the question of whether the editor correctly interpreted
the instructions in the amendment.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 1954 204 609 (office)