[802SEC] Fiber cables to US damaged by earthquake

Dear EC Members,
We are experience performance issues with traffic routed to North America. The source of the problem is related to damage caused by the recent earthquake near Japan to undersea cables. About half of the existing cables running across the Pacific are damaged. We are working with the local ISP to reroute our traffic.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/gigaom/big-tech/broadband_in_japan_many_under_sea_cables_are_damaged.html
A report from Dow Jones Newswires suggests most companies are working hard to fix the network problems. The Dow Jones report has the following additional details:
KDDI says its cable between the U.S. and Japan is broken and it cannot transmit signals.
NTT is using back-up cable systems.
PCCW says the Internet traffic to the U.S. is slow.
I will keep you advised as we learn more.

Best regards,

Rick Alfvin
VP Business Development

Verilan, Inc.