Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE 802 response to Industry Canada consultation regarding TVWS

Approve, with or without Geoff's suggested edits (except "much people" would be better "many people").

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Thompson
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 10:50 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ IEEE 802 response to Industry Canada consultation regarding TVWS

Mike-

I would slightly modify the conclusion paragraph to read something like:

CONCLUSION
45. IEEE 802 supports Industry Canada's efforts in this proceeding to
establish the regulatory framework for licensed exempt technology in the
Canadian TV bands. We believe that moving forward to open up TV spectrum
to the kinds of devices and applications that have been so successfully
deployed in the more well established license exempt bands like 2.4 GHz
and 5 GHz will bring /particular /economic and social benefits to the
/longer reach situations that affect much/ people of Canada.

..to more fully reflect the deployment situations that characterize much
of Canada (lots of white space available, long reach requirements).

(but then I don't get to vote anymore)

Best regards,

Geoff