From: Jon Rosdahl <jrosdahl@ieee.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 11:34
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [802SEC] Only one Tutorial for March 2013 Plenary

Hello All,
    All official tutorial request forms must be submitted no later than 45 days in advance of the Plenary Session.
The deadline date has passed.

We will have only one tutorial for the March Plenary - 7:30-9:00 pm (19:30-21:00)

  TITLE OF TUTORIAL:       Shared 5 GHz bands update

  ABSTRACT:    In preparation for World Radio Congress 2015, regulators everywhere are looking for spectrum that can be used for mobile services. It is clear to all that clearing spectrum takes a decade or two, so sharing spectrum with incumbents is the more responsive approach. As we learned in the TV broadcast bands, some of the incumbent services are easy to detect, and some are very difficult to detect. This tutorial will review the current services, technologies and spectrum sharing possibilities in the 5 GHz bands.

Regards,
Jon

Jon Rosdahl                          10871 North 5750 West
hm:801-756-1496                   Highland, UT 84003
cell:801-376-6435
office: 801-492-4023

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!