[802SEC] +++ 10 day EC Email Ballot +++ Ron Crane, 40Th Anniversary Guest, Travel Costs

Dear EC,

At July Opening Meeting for the 40th Anniversary celebration featured guests  (Metcalfe / Boggs) the EC approved money to cover travel plus meals / incidentals, and hotel accommodations, as well as waived meeting fees.

We have also invited Ron Crane to be a featured guest at the celebration and to be part of a panel session.  We had thought Ron was closer to Dallas than he actually will be, as he will be driving up from Houston and spending the night.

I spoke to Paul about this, and he has delegated the conduct of the 10 day EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.  I am announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Motion: Approve following for Ron Crane, guest speaker for Ethernet 40th Anniversary,

- Waive Meeting Fees

- Up to $500  to cover noted travel plus meals / incidentals, and if necessary hotel accommodations

Move:                   John D’Ambrosia

Second:                Jon Rosdahl

Start of Ballot:   Friday 25th October

Close of Ballot:  Sunday 3rd November, 11:59 PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2.2 'Electronic Balloting' of the IEEE project 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.