From: "Andrew Myles (amyles)" <amyles@cisco.com>
Sent: ‎4/‎29/‎2014 23:21
To: "Michael Lynch" <MJLynch@mjlallc.com>; "STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG" <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: RE: [802SEC] FW: +++10 day EC Email Ballot +++ Confirmation of Rich Kennedy as IEEE 802.18 Vice Chair

G’day Mike

I do not want to comment on whether Rich Kennedy should or should not be the VC of the 802.18 WG.

Rather, I was more concerned by your comments on the role of the 802.18 WG. Your comments seemed to imply that the WG has a primary role to advise and influence the USG on ITU-R matters. As an international SDO, I believe it is inappropriate for IEEE 802 to focus on the USG in the way that you suggest. Certainly influencing the USG is important because the US NB is influential in the ITU-R. However, IEEE 802.18 WG needs to equally focus on influencing regulators in other countries.

Andrew