Re: [802SEC] IEEE 802 Project Database

John:

I have to question the wisdom in creating a separate database of standards and projects when those two lists are easily accessed in myProject.  The only thing I observe you have included that isn’t in the PAR/Standard Report is the amendments that are part of a revision.  If we want to make the information available on our web site, it should simply be a copy of what is in myProject, not a separate database.

Having noted that, I would note the following discrepancies on 802.1 and 802.3:

P802.1AB revision no on your list
P802.1Qca amendment not on your list
P802.1ASbt since it is withdrawn, it shouldn’t be on your list, it isn’t an active project

P802.3bw you have listed as a new standard, it is an amendment

You noted RAC Required on Std 802, but not on other projects (the RAC is a mandatory coordination for any standard and RAC review is triggered by the PAR, by MEC or by RAC request so I find no value in that additional information).

—Bob