[802SEC] IEEE802/IETF Privacy Trials Media Coverage

Dear all,

After the IEEE 802 / IETF Privacy trials Press Release was issued by IEEE there has been strong interest from different media on the subject and a number of reports have been published. I know there are at least a couple more to be published shortly, but so far these are the ones that I’m aware of:

          IEEE Press Release

        IEEE Announces Successful Wireless Privacy Trials at IETF and IEEE 802® Meetings

        http://standards.ieee.org/news/2015/wireless_privacy_trials.html

          MAC Address Privacy Inches Towards Standardisation "IEEE hums along to IETF anti-surveillance tune"

        The Register, June 26, 2015, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/26/mac_address_privacy_inches_towards_standardisation/

          MAC Address Randomization Gets Closer to Becoming a Standard

        Softpedia, June 26, 2015, http://news.softpedia.com/news/mac-address-randomization-gets-closer-to-becoming-a-standard-485372.shtml

          IEEE said it successfully tested improved privacy features for Wi-Fi at field trials.

        RCR Wireless, Kelly Hill, June 26, 2015, http://www.rcrwireless.com/20150626/test-and-measurement/test-and-measurement-keysight-to-work-with-korea-telecom-on-5g-tag6

          IEEE Group Recommends Random MAC Addresses for Wi-Fi Security

        CSO, July 8, 2015 , http://www.csoonline.com/article/2945044/cyber-attacks-espionage/ieee-groups-recommends-random-mac-addresses-for-wi-fi-security.html

          IEEE Study Group Recommends Improvements in Wi-Fi Security

        FierceWireless, July 9, 2015, http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/ieee-study-group-recommends-improvements-wi-fi-security/2015-07-09

I’m planning to give a brief report about this at the 802 EC opening plenary tomorrow.

Best,

Juan Carlos