Re: [802SEC] Oct 06 Teleconference Minutes Posted

Ben,

I suggested that the rules are ambiguous, and I still think they are, especially when the EC motion to create or renew the SG isn't explicit about the charter.

In the case of the Privacy Recommendation Study Group, it seems that scope of the SG was such that it was completed with the approval of its PAR, so I agree it went out of business with the PAR approval.

Roger

Benjamin A. Rolfe wrote:
Hi all,
I got a bit lost in the thread: Did we answer the original question as to the status of the Security ECSG?
If I read the thread correctly, that group was chartered with a single, well defined task to study and produced 1 PAR which has been approved.
The answer given by Jamesi s that  the ECSG is now disbanded and no further EC action is required.
Is that correct?
Thanks

Ben