Re: [802SEC] Responses to comments on the IEEE 802.1CQ PAR and CSD

Pat-

Regarding your response:
"802.3 PAR comment • General: This PAR ignores the problems of multicast in wireless networks. This is a major concern for IOT and should be addressed. (Everything on this PAR is true for wired, but not necessarily for wireless.)

This comment is vague and provides no suggested remedy. We do not find anything in the PAR that is untrue for wireless. Multicast is available in wireless. Specific problems identified would be best discussed with wireless groups.

This is not a ballot comment.  There is no requirement for a commenting group to provide a remedy on PAR comments.
As to its vagueness, our apologies.
There is no issue as to whether or not multicast is "available" for wireless.
The issue is that a reliable mechanism is needed to do an address distribution protocol.
Multicast is not a reliable and dependable means of communication for initializing in a wireless environment.
We feel that this would be a major barrier to the utility of what seems to be proposed in the IoT application space.

Geoff Thompson