[802SEC] Call for papers - IEEE Standards Edcuation Committee

Colleagues,

As may know, the IEEE Standards Education Committee has re-started its quarterly electronic magazine (http://www.standardsuniversity.org/e-magazine/).  The topic for the next eZine in September is “IEEE 802 standards and their applications within smart technologies”  -- which is a broad topic but  has the potential to highlight the standardization efforts we are progressing in IEEE 802.   As a result, we are looking for authors to write short papers on current standards activities.

Paul has authorized  sending this to the 802 reflectors.  I would ask the 802 WG chairs to forward this request to their WG reflectors.   Please reach out to me if you would like further information.  Complete details on the submission requirements – including the July 1st deadline --- are below.

Cheers,

Glenn.

--

Glenn Parsons - Chair, IEEE 802.1

glenn.parsons@ericsson.com

+1-613-963-8141

Potential Authors,

We are contacting you because of your expertise in IEEE 802 technologies to request your contribution of an article to the next issue of the IEEE Standards Education eZine.  The purpose of this eZine is to help raise awareness of standards, show the importance of standards, present real-world applications of standards, and demonstrate the role individuals can play in the standards development process.  The theme of the next issue is IEEE 802 standards and their applications within smart technologies and we believe your expertise in this area would make you an excellent contributor to this publication.

Here are some more details about what we would need from you for this article:

·         Final articles should be no more than 2,000 words. Particular areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

o    impact and development of standards in various regions of the world;

o    reliance by employers on complying with standards for introducing their products to the marketplace

o    best practices and ideas for incorporating standards into the classroom and curricula

·         A 100 word biography of the author(s) and a high-resolution (JPEG) picture (> 500 Kbytes)

·         All illustrations in the article must be provided in a high-resolution (JPEG) format (> 500 Kbytes).

·         References to all copyrighted material must be properly cited.

To be included in the next issue of this eZine, we would need your article by 1 July 2016.  The IEEE Standards Education eZine Editorial Board will review your article and you may be provided with feedback before final publication for any suggested amendments.  You will then see the final document before it is published.  Please send your articles to Tara Gallus at t.gallus@ieee.org. If you have any questions about the article submission process, please contact Tara as well.

You can view the most recent of the IEEE Standards Education eZine at http://www.standardsuniversity.org/e-magazine/.

We hope that you will join us as a contributor to this upcoming eZine issue.  If you have any questions about your participation, please contact us.