Re: [802SEC] Suggested rule change for July: 8.2.2(a)

Roger

I will add it to the list for discussion.  Thanks for the input.

James Gilb

On 06/22/2016 12:16 PM, Roger B. Marks wrote:
James,

I would like to propose a change to the OM.

8.2.2(a) says “Sponsor subgroup communications with government bodies shall not be released without prior approval by 75% of the Sponsor subgroup.” Strictly speaking, this requires that 75% of the subgroups members have voted to approve. However, I think that many WGs interpret it more casually and simply check for 75% approval in a vote. I would prefer to remove any ambiguity. Here are two solutions:

(1) .. without prior approval of at least 75% of all the members of the Sponsor subgroup
(2) .. without prior approval by an action of the Sponsor subgroup, per the “Approval of an Action” requirements of IEEE Project 802 LMSC Working Group Policies and Procedures, with a 75% approval threshold

I prefer (2).

Roger